DescriptionAdd to wishlist
Send messages, share status and do live video call with your friends and family using comet chat
- Uses Firebase email authentication method.
- Chat with your friends and family using Firebase real time database.
- Upload images to your status for your friends and family.
- Do video call with your friends and family using WebRTC library to ensure real time audio and video communication.
- Add your friends email address to your list of email contacts
Comet Chat is a messaging application that enables family and
friends to communicate with each other through live video calls, text messages and
allows them to share images on their status and send it pictures to their friends and family. It is a native android application built using android studio, Java and Firebase. Firebase email authentication is used for registering, logging, signing out
and resetting passwords allowing the App user to access
messages on any phone by just logging in using his/her user email
It uses a Firebase real time database for storing text messages and
Firebase storage for storing images.
1. Create Firebase account
2. Create new Project and enable Realtime database
3. Enable Storage
4. Click on Authentication method and enable email
authentication from sign in methods
5. Click on Project overview and click on project settings
6. The new page that opens, scroll down and click on “Add
7. Choose android app.
8. Under android package name paste the comet chat app
name “com.mars.jupiter” which you can get from the project’s build.gradle file.
9. Click on register app.
10. Download and then add config file “google-services.json”
file into comet chat(app-level) root directory.
11. Open comet chat project in android studio and sync the project with